Thursday, March 15, 2018

Double Page Spread

I had two options for our double page spread. One is an interview with a fake celebrity and another is a face mask ad, and next to that is a quiz on what face mask you should buy.

I saw a few face mask advertisements online. A lot of them show to be dealing with colors associated with nature, such ass green and blue. I think that this ties back to the sort of natural movement I’ve seen. A few post ago, my research noted how the skincare industry has seen an extreme increase in sales, and since our issue is around summer time, that’s when people are more likely to start taking care of their bodies, to get “vacation ready”.

For my interview with a fake celebrity I was going to reach out to one of my friends who do makeup or play sports. I chose makeup because the sad truth is, according to Huffington Post and PR Newswire, almost half of the female population feels unnattractive without makeup, almost 60% wear it on a regular basis, and 25% started to wear it at the age of 13. I know, it’s bad to feel off of people’s insecurities, but anything to get our magazine bought.

I think I will try both campaigns this week and pick whichever one looks best to me.

Down below I’ve listed some examples of how I would like for my magazine spread to look.





Citations: Misener, J. (2012, February 28). Half Of Women Are Dependent On Makeup, Study Says. Retrieved March 19, 2018, from https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/28/half-women-need-makeup_n_1306202.html 
Renfrew Center Foundation. (2013, February 21). From Barbies To Blush - New Survey Reveals Young Girls Are Wearing Makeup Earlier Than Ever To Hide Their Insecurities. Retrieved March 19, 2018, from https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-barbies-to-blush---new-survey-reveals-young-girls-are-wearing-makeup-earlier-than-ever-to-hide-their-insecurities-192318071.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise Be

Hey guys it’s Gebria and I am finally done. Ending this project will be completely bittersweet because the process was so stressful but now ...