Monday, March 19, 2018

Milk Bath

Starting off, I'm so glad that it's spring break! Literally so happy that I made it past this quarter with only As and Bs. I think that spring break will help me catch myself and get back to being organized like second quarter even though I have a ton of extra curricular activities, but anyways, this blog post is supposed to be about my project.

So I began to work on the cover page of my picture, and I think it'll come out really well. First I need for all of my items that I ordered to finish shipping and find a model that would be a good fit for this cover page. I just really love these type of pictures. The highkey lighting and the white surrounding the model gives her sort of a pure and simple look, along with her smooth features. So we want a model as well who has features that sort of contrast the white and petals but at the same time doesn’t draw too much attention from the background. How I'm gonna do it is fill my bathtub with milk, water, acrylic paint, real and or fake flowers, just to test which ones stand out against the milk. I'm super excited to do this! I'll probably use my cousin but she can't swim so I hope she won't think she's drowning.

Usually milk bath pictures are for maternity or newborn pictures but I think that we can redefine that connotation.

I think I'm going to try and shoot my picture for double page spread this weekend with a few friends. My cousin from New Jersey is coming, my mom said, hopefully he can drive me but he’ll probably be spring breaking it up at Ultra or one of those festivals. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he’ll come through for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise Be

Hey guys it’s Gebria and I am finally done. Ending this project will be completely bittersweet because the process was so stressful but now ...