Sunday, March 4, 2018

Management

So guys I am here last minute, once again, crunching my time into my third post for the week. Next week I plan to manage my schedule a little bit better with sports, academics and other extra curricular activities.

Next week I plan to explore the blogger a little more day by day and get to know its features better. Also, so I’m not trying to submit my blog post frantically at 11:59 pm, I am probably going to do it while helping my neighbor with her homework which is Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, then fitting in a fourth post on Sundays.

As far as shooting goes Sofia and I plan to meet up with Robin, her modeling agent sometime soon on the weekends. I think that this weekend would be best since I don’t have a volleyball tournament or a track invitational this weekend. But first we have to decide on what type of shoot we would like to do as far as the theme and the models that we need.

Yesterday I received some wise words from a few kids at a volunteering event. At the volunteering event that I had went to last week at a foster care home I ask some girls for magazine ideas. One girl named Rachel, who appeared to be around my age, said she wanted to see girls dressing more “realistically” she said. Less girls “... in pillow fights with perfectly straight hair and matching pijama sets”. Rachel’s friend from across the table added, “No one believes that shit is real.” To be quite fair I completely agree with the fact that our magazines need to have a more natural approach instead of making girls look so clean cut.

I went around asking for the opinion of girls who looked around twelve to sixteen on what they would like to see more in magazines. “¿Cómo pueden las revistas ser mejores?”  Asked this girl in very broken Spanish, how can our magazines be better? She simply replied with “Menos blanquitos y chicas flacas.” It took me a fat minute to register what she said but it then cliqued; less whites and skinny girls. Which, less often then usual, is a lot of what is seen in the magazines. So I will take note of what this girl said and include diversity in my magazine and ask other girls at my school what should be more in teenage fashion magazines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise Be

Hey guys it’s Gebria and I am finally done. Ending this project will be completely bittersweet because the process was so stressful but now ...